With a little more than a week until our first board meeting of the new school year, here are ten (10) reasons why you should make a point of attending school board and committee meetings:
· Teacher and Support Staff contract negotiations
· Completion of the NHS reconstruction project
· Consolidation of 9th grade into the high school
· Transition of the Alt Ed program to the NHS campus
· In-depth analysis of PSSA results
· 2010/2011 Budget development
· The State’s budget crisis and its impact on school budgets
· Funding the State’s pension plan
· Discussion of a possible elementary building closure
· Expansion of graduation requirements
Each of these topics will likely be a discussion at some point during the upcoming year. You can learn more about these issues first hand by coming to the meetings in person, or you can risk hearing incomplete or inaccurate information by relying on other sources.
Don’t make me get up on my soapbox . . . again.