Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Saying good bye

At last night's board meeting we said good bye to our three outgoing members - Bill Spitz, Joe Blasch and Frank Koziol. All three were hard working officials who represented their constituents honorably.

My fondest memory of Frank Koziol will be the time when I commented how I only agreed with 25% of whatever came out of his mouth, to which he responded "so how does it feel to be wrong 75% of the time?" Good one, Frank.

Joe Blasch is truly one of the most decent people I've ever met in my life, and I will sorely miss his wisdom and sense of fairness on this board. It will be very hard for me to look to my immediate left at future meetings and not see him sitting there. I'll miss you, partner.

I'm not sure what I can say about Bill Spitz that our president Ritchie Webb didn't say last night. Bill was a tireless worker who dedicated himself to improving education in our district, and he has a brilliant mind for numbers. The board will really miss him. I first got to know Bill as a board member, but now I am honored to call him my friend. Thanks for everything, Bill.

To our newest board members - making campaign promises and winning elections is the easy part. Now you have to step forward and earn what the people have given you, and you have some mighty big shoes to fill. Good luck! I look forward to working with you.

To all who visit this blog, thank you for your ongoing support. Please enjoy a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday!

Regards,
William O'Connor
.

1 comment:

Musickid10 said...

It is a shame to be losing many great people who have represented me as my school board. They have worked countless hours on making Neshaminy fun, safe, and a great place to learn in. The students always came first. I wish nothing but the best for them. The members replacing them have big shoes to fill.

You will be missed!!!!!!!!!